Abs is one of the hardest muscle groups to develop and therefore it is also one of the most sought after aspects of bodybuilding as well as fitness training. While there are plenty of common exercises for abs like crunches and sit ups which almost everyone does, there are also more effective, but tougher exercises that you should be doing if you want better and quicker results. We have listed five such exercises which will help you achieve your aim of having great abs. These are not only effective to build abs but also to maintain them. Moreover, they also help to prevent backaches, increases the agility and flexibility of your body. So try the following abs exercises and get the washboard abs that you have always wanted.
Spiderman Plank Crunches
• Begin in the normal plank position, body perfectly straightened with the forearms pushed against the ground.
• Then you need to put forward you’re the right knee closer to the left elbow and the returning to the original position.
• You need to do the same as mentioned above with the left knee this time.
• A single rep includes both right and left knee movements. It is best to do 10 such complete reps.
• Hold a rope with weights on it with both of your hands on your front at a height just below your shoulders.
• With your arms straight and fixed, with engaged abs you need to rotate the upper body to your left and then regain your original form. Next up you need to do the same only this time to your right.
• For best results you need to do 10 reps per set.
• Lie flat with your back against the ground, your hands placed behind the head, legs bent and raised at ninety degrees.
• You need to try and touch the left knee with your right elbow and then the left elbow with the right knee. This needs to be continued for a minute.
• It is important not to hurry this exercise and to take time.
• Lie flat against the ground with legs and arms out diagonally so that the body takes the shape of ‘X’.
• Raise your left arm and your right leg and try and touch the right foot with the left hand. Once you do that successfully, raise your right arm and left leg and try to touch the left foot with your right arm. While performing the exercise you can lift head, shoulders and neck slightly while you try to touch either of the foots.
• You should perform 10 reps each set. You should do at least one set.
Swiss ball Rollouts
• You need to kneel down on a mat with both of your arms resting on a stability ball.
• With you abs engaged and back completely straight you need to roll the ball as far away from your body as possible and then roll it back to where you started.
• You should do at least 2 sets of ten such roll outs.